I was sitting in this 1 bedroom apartment in Costa Rica.
As I was having breakfast with a fan running next to me, to keep me cool.
I looked over to my computer to make sure that the charger light was on – to SEE if the ELECTRICITY was working!
I had a fan blowing on me! Of course the electricity was working – duhhhhh.
I thought about other odd things I do that may signal “elderliness”, not thinking as clearly (if I ever THOUGHT clearly) as I did when I was younger.
Here are ten things that I do/ have done that might suggest “elderliness”:
1) I have looked, at least 15 minutes, for my glasses before I realize I am wearing them.
2) I tell people who are playing music to please, turn it down.
3) When I leave a place that I have rented, I have to go back 3 or 4 times to make sure I have all the stuff that I brought into the room/apartment. Usually, even on the 4th check, I find something I missed.
4) I like a routine – 3 meals a day, coffee in the morning, hot shower in the morning – and do not like my routine interrupted.
5) I am very careful when I walk – on sidewalks, trails, steps. A slip really messes me up, for days.
(This can also be the result of where I am – very few sidewalks in Central America are even – there are driveways, crumbled cement, missing grates, steps and much more that interfere with a walk)
6) I have not shared a room with anyone during my trip. I did that all the time traveling Europe, staying in hostels. Traveling now, I want a room for myself.
7) I am starting off sentences with, “When I was your age………”
8) This new technology that is around – how the heck did ALL that come about? How did I miss having any understanding of how to use it?
9) People have suggested that I color my gray spots in my hair/beard – I have sometimes thought about doing it!
10) I receive messages from people – I have NO idea what the person is trying to tell me, and they do not understand why I DO NOT UNDERSTAND!
Life is good.
I am at the right age for everything.
I am learning how to live life content, no matter the situation.
I look forward to the day!
Cheers for now